Just like bacteria and viruses, these entities are around us all the time. And just like bacteria and viruses can’t infect you unless you are physically unhealthy, or your immune system is vulnerable or compromised in some way, spiritual entities can’t “infect” you unless you are spiritually unhealthy, or your spiritual immune system is vulnerable or compromise in some way.
For Spiritual Affliction to occur there must be some “breach” in your defenses. There are cases where certain people have made a conscious decision to make that breach, where the demons have been invited. However, these cases are comparatively rare although not as rare as you might think.
It’s always important to realize that injury or trauma to the material body always also occurs in a spiritual context because we are spiritual beings. It is our fundamental spiritual nature that means that no material or psychological trauma or its resulting damage does not have some sort of spiritual side effects.
Nevertheless, some forms of abuse are more “spiritual” than others, especially when they occur in a spiritual context and involve people who are in a position of spiritual authority which they abuse.
Examples of Spiritual Abuse – Condemnation
Using condemnatory religious language or messages, such as:
- Your soul is (already) in hell
- Your problem cannot be solved
- Your sin will never be forgiven
These may come in the form of nightmares or strong intrusive thoughts, feelings or beliefs.
Examples of Spiritual Abuse – Belittlement
Belittlement, such as:
- You are unworthy
- Discounting or dismissing a patron’s experience
- Simply not believing someone because what they are saying sounds “farfetched”, so you dismiss it out of hand because it doesn’t fit with your current worldview
Examples of Spiritual Abuse – Humiliation
Humiliation such as:
- Public shaming
- Controlling or manipulative behaviour on the part of a person in spiritual authority Implying or stating spiritual inferiority
Examples of Human Abuse in a Spiritual Context
- Taking people through a traumatic experience, such as strapping people to chairs during an “exorcism” is, in our minds, abusive and constitutes “spiritual malpractice”
- Financial Exploitation and Financial Extortion in a spiritual context such as charging for pastoral services to the emotionally vulnerable is abusive.
- And, of course, subjecting people to material deprivation or injury, or sexual, mental and physical abuse while in a position or in a context of spiritual authority or trust is a totally abusive, fundamental betrayal of trust.
Spiritual Abuse Healing
These factors include healing your negative thoughts. Without healing your negative thoughts and the negative feelings and negative actions that often follow, there can be no true, holistic healing.
Spiritual Abuse Healing requires an understanding of all the factors, material and non-material that can cause and continue to exacerbate damage.
Spiritual Abuse and Divine Guidance
Divine Guidance is at the core of Intervention in the tradition in which Divine Intercession practices it. As such, the Intercessor calls upon Divine Guidance at every step of the process. We seek Divine Guidance for information about spiritual abuse and even trauma that might not even be known to The Afflicted, and we seek it during the treatment, healing and repair processes as well.
Get in Touch
Go to our Contact Page for more information on how to reach out to us.
Please note that all of our pastoral services are provided with the strictest confidentiality, completely free and without obligation as part of our pastoral mission.
Register and Keep in Touch
Subscribe to our Newsletter and Stay updated with our latest blogs, insights and top news